Cisco 837, 828 GRE tunnel

Do I require IP plus software to create GRE Tunnels on cisco 800 router platforms.

Thanks.

Reply to
wjr70
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :Do I require IP plus software to create GRE Tunnels on cisco 800 router :platforms.

On the 828, you need the PLUS feature set, either IP PLUS or IP/FW PLUS 3DES. On the 837, you need IP/FW/PLUS 3DES.

Sigh, the Feature Navigator is giving strange information again. (Surprising is when it's information is -accurate- :( )

According to the Feature Navigator, the choices are:

87x: ADVANCED SECURITY or ADV. IP SERVICES or ADV. ENTERPRISE SERVICES 85x: ADVANCED SECURITY or ADVANCED IP SERVICES 83x: IP/FW/PLUS 3DES 82x: IP PLUS or IP/FW PLUS 3DES

With "ADV. IP SERVICES" being different than "ADVANCED IP SERVICES" according to the Feature Navigator (and "ADV. ENTERPRISE SERVICES" being different than "ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES".)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks for that. I thought you needed IP Plus, our data product manager didn't think so.

I'll assume that IP plus will work with GRE tunnelling across all 800 series routers.

cheers.

Reply to
wjr70

If I understand correctly, that is not the case: I believe the 87x in particular does not support IP PLUS . See the list I posted earlier.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.