Cisco 2924XL SNMP (MIBs & VLAN switching)

Just after some general advice for some 2924XL switches I have.

I know they are EOL but does anyone know where can I obtain the SNMP MIB's for the switches and does anyone know whether or not you can change the port's admin status (link up/down) and the port's access VLAN using SNMP?

I'd prefer not to have to jump on over telnet and fire the commands at it so was thinking of using SNMP.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steven Carr
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Choose the oldest supported switch (2950), and an image that ran on the 2924XL (ie. 12.0(5)WS) and you'll be close enough (99.5% of the way). Or download them from ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs

Not the best of my knowledge. You could have SNMP tickle the switch to download config fragements VIA tftp.

Although having a process that can telnet into the switch automagically and do the config commands could do what you need (ie. the clogin script out of the RANCID package, or something from the COSI-NMS collection on Source Forge) could work for you?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks, just after posting I stumbled across that FTP site and managed to get most of the MIBs, had to hunt for the rest that were being complained about when trying to do an snmpwalk.

Thought that would be the case, I have to write this bit by hand unfortunately, it's for a University (degree) project, written in Java, so if I cant do it by SNMP will need to use one of the telnet classes to jump on and do what I need.

Do you know if you can get the current VLAN from SNMP, I did dump the snmpwalk but couldn't seem to see anything that looked like the VLAN numbers I am using.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steven Carr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.