Cisco 1801 ADSL2/2+

Hi Group,

I wish to upgrade my Cisco 837 to a Cisco 1801 so I can get the download speed benefits of ADSL 2/2+ service.

I am looking at buying a used device to keep the cost down. I see some advertised with ADSL and others ADSL 2/2+.

Does the 1801 come in different configurations - ie hardware that only supports ADSL and another model supporting ADSL 2/2+. If so what are the models and difference?

Or is the ADSL 2/2+ only available after a IOS revision level? I have seen comments about 12.4(4)T being the minimum version.

BTW what is the latest IOS version for the 1801 (Advanced IP)?

Thanks

Stuart

Reply to
stuie_norris
Loading thread data ...

It seems that 1801 does support ADSL2/2+

formatting link

My 877 certainly seems to router(config-if)#dsl operating-mode ? adsl2 ITU G.992.3 Annex A and L adsl2+ ITU G.992.5 Annex A ansi-dmt ANSI T1.413 auto auto detect mode itu-dmt ITU G.992.1 Annex A

I believe that 857/877, 867/887 will all support ADSL2/2+ also.

It is not too bad to check on the web site. According to the feature navigator ADSL2/2+ is not a seperate feature so I woudl suppose that any functioning software sill do the job.

=3D HOWEVER =3D

There seem to have been numerous issues with the ADSL firmware relating to the chip sets used in the

857/877 and others that use the STMicroelectronics/alcatel 20190 chipset and so it seems a good idea to use more recent IOS or to get the ADSL firmware from the ftp site. there are numerous references to it on this newsgroup. ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800/
Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.