Microsoft IAS and Cisco 6605

Hi All

I was wondering was anyone ever successful in setting up IAS with a Cisco Catalyst 6605 we have several VLAN and one of those VLAN is for the production network and the other one is for business users. Of course they both have access to each other. Here the thing their both on separate subnets for the business users we will be using a 10.x.x.x network and production will be using a 172.16.x.x network. Current we all are on the 172.16.x.x network, so essentally go I am think I will need two DHCP server or can I have one and use a superscope to handle both networks. Between the business users and production users they will be logging onto two different domains. I hope that will identify which IP address to give out to which users pending on which domains they would login to. Any document or guidiance is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
wooying
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Microsoft IAS Installation Procedure:

Page 5

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I think you may have IAS and DHCP confused. If you're asking about DHCP, then what you need to do is add an 'ip helper-address x.x.x.x' command to each VLAN interface, where x.x.x.x is your DHCP server. This will allow your network to use a single DHCP server. On the server itself, setup a scope for each subnet. It doesn't need to be a superscope. That's all you need.

Brian

wooy> Hi All

Reply to
response3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.