Cisco 12000 Voltage calculation

Hi There,

I=B4m having troubles calculating used and available voltage in the GSR=B4s of my company. It is very easy to get this information in a 7609 but not in a 12000.

The command I=B4m using is "show environment voltages" and I get some information I still cannot understand at all.

Does someone know how to calculate the available and used voltages in this kind of routers ?

Thanks.

Mauro

Reply to
Mauro
Loading thread data ...

Have a look at ther power management command

show gsr power-mgr

Reply to
Merv

Hi Mauro,

Adding to Merv's excellent suggestion you may wish to investigate:

show gsr power-mgr

formatting link
The following example displays a summary of total power consumption and total power available:

router# show gsr power-mgr Power management summary

------------------------ Powershelf type: Intelligent AC Power Supplies Operating phase: RUNNING_PHASE Operating mode: REDUNDANT Total supply power: 2800 W Route processors: 120 W Linecards: 402 W Chassis components: 887 W Total inuse power: 1409 W Remaining: 1391 W

------------------------

Table 3 show power-mgr Field Descriptions

Field Description

------------------------

Powershelf type

The power subsystem in which the power supply modules ( PEMs ) are installed.

------------------------

Operating phase

------------------------

Operating mode

Redundant or Additive. The current power calculation mode.

------------------------

Total supply power

Maximum power available for the zone.

------------------------

Route processors

Power consumed by two route processors. Dual route processors are calculated regardless of operating mode.

------------------------

Linecards

Total possible power that consumed by all linecards in the zone.

------------------------

Chassis components

Total maximum power consumed by chassis components other than line cards ( for example, clock scheduling cards and switching fabric ).

------------------------

Total inuse power

Sum of values for route processors, line cards, and chassis components.

------------------------

Remaining

Difference between Total supply power and Total inuse power.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Found on Cisco's Power Management for the Cisco 12000 Series Router:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi,

I tried show gsr power-mgr but it does not work. The "power-mgr" option is not there.

It is a 12410, the command I got for power information is show environment voltages but the information displayed is not easy to understand.

Any idea ?

Reply to
Mauro

Hi,

I tried show gsr power-mgr but it does not work. The "power-mgr" option is not there.

It is a 12410, the command I got for power information is show environment voltages but the information displayed is not easy to understand.

Any idea ?

Reply to
Mauro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.