CCNa w/ 5505

I'm getting a 5505 for home use and wondering ... I would like to get a CCNA, would I be able to do this with this firewall?

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

No. Firewalls are not covered in CCNA, CCNP etc.. There are specific security exams and qualifications but for CCNA you would need to be looking at something like a couple of 2600 series routers and maybe a low end switch.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

I'm taking the two cources as we speak, and bought a Que Publishing self study guide up front for preparations, which states this for self study:

. at least on 2514 or higher router . one additional oruter, like the 2501, with one ethernet and two serial ports, to test wan's. . at least one switch, ideally a 2900XL or 2950. A 1900 with Enterprise IOS (needed for having a CLI) will do . a DB-60 DTE to DB-60 DCE cross-over serial cable . at least one roll-over console cable . multiple straight and x-over ethernet cables

It's mentioned that Catalyst 1912's and 1924's can be used, though they differ from current production models WRT syntax..

Reply to
Mogens V.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.