Can't Ping from Serial0, but E0 works great - One address only?

So I have three Server machines

10.1.0.10 Win2003 Server DC 10.1.0.17 Win2008 Server DC/File Server 10.1.0.19 Win2008 Server Hyper-V Server

Nothing fancy on the servers.

I can Ping all of them from the router's Ethernet Interface (on the same Subnet) If I ping using the Serial 0 as the source Address, I can only Ping .

10 and .19

Same if I go from the servers to 10.254.0.37, .17 cannot Ping.

10.1.0.17 can ping things in other Subnets, just not from Serial0 of the router Config below...

Help!!

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
scooter133
Loading thread data ...

Hello, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com!

s> Nothing fancy on the servers.

s> I can Ping all of them from the router's Ethernet Interface (on the s> same Subnet) s> If I ping using the Serial 0 as the source Address, I can only Ping . s> 10 and .19

s> Same if I go from the servers to 10.254.0.37, .17 cannot Ping.

s> 10.1.0.17 can ping things in other Subnets, just not from Serial0 of s> the router Config below...

s> Help!!

Over SerialX == over remote router. Remote router know route to net 10.1.0.0/16?

Reply to
Andrew Lutov

I don't see anything in your router config which would treat .17 differently from the other machines. You don't say where your servers are but I think that's irrelevant. My diagnosis would be that the default route on .17 is pooched - not there or the gateway address has been entered wrongly.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

[snip]

FW on the .17 server?

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.