BVI vs Multilink PPP for load balancing 2 - 4 T1's...

I am looking for any input that people have on which is better to set up, a BVI interface or multilink PPP for load balancing 2 - 4 T1's, and why? What are the problems with each? What are the requirements for each?

Reply to
scottmontgomery79
Loading thread data ...

~ I am looking for any input that people have on which is better to set ~ up, a BVI interface or multilink PPP for load balancing 2 - 4 T1's, ~ and why? What are the problems with each? What are the requirements ~ for each?

Multilink PPP can work very well in this application, assuming that your routers have adequate CPU power.

I have no idea what IRB (BVI) would have to do with load balancing over serial links.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

What router platform are you trying to do this on? Multilink PPP with

4 T1's may be pushing it for lower class routers, but if it's a simple setup, CPU running a little high shouldn't matter too much.

I'm not sure where BVI comes into play here. You really don't want to bridge across for too many legacy reasons to get into here.

Other options to consider are CEF per packet load balancing or regular CEF configured to take L4 port numbers into the hashing decision.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.