BGP newscommer !

hi,

I think i have the solution, but just want to be sure if my assumptions are correct. So here goes, I have two or more providers/peers P1,P2,P3.. now I have many sites/networks/AS (AS1,NET2,AS4..) to/from wich I want to balance the traffic. Up to now I have static routing which handles the traffic as specified below, but I have to remove if i want to move to BGP and have all its bell and wishes - load balancing, link backup ..etc.. Say I want traffic to AS1 to go trough P2, instead P1 what I do is (pseudo code follow) :

neigboor P1 route-map rm-P1-out out

route-map rm-P1-out permit 10 match as-path 1 set as-path prepend myAS

Reply to
raptor
Loading thread data ...

That should normally be enough.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

You can use

neighbor P2 weight 100

]- but I want to this on per AS/network case ..

You could have your peers send you default routes. Or you can use "ip default-network" to automatically set the default route based on routes that the peers send. ]- this way when one comes down the other will take the "lead" , m'I correct ? But how I say which I preffer if everything is OK ?

Right. You might want to look into route tagging, it makes it easier to organize these things. ]- do u have some link/docs on this ? googling on this at the moment :")

Reply to
raptor

In that case you use an inbound route-map and set local-preference.

It will base its decision on the BGP attributes that you've configured for the route.

Someone else will have to provide that, I don't know.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.