Basic 1760 setup question

I hope this is a very basic question with an easy answer. Our company has a new T1 line, and I'd like to learn how to set up the router myself. However, most of the resources online are geared towards people who want to make a career out of it.

Here's the basic setup: We have a Linksys RV082, which has two WAN ports. Right now, WAN1 is hooked up to DSL. I would like to hook up WAN2 to our Cisco router in a bridge configuration, where the Cisco

1760 is basically transparent within our LAN, and the Linksys continues to be the primary router. (I hope I'm using the correct terminology). In the future, after I learn a bit more about Cisco routers, I might decide to remove the Linksys. But for now, I just need to get things moving.

Can anyone offer specific advice about how to set this up? At this point, I can ping IP addresses from the IOS command line. That's about it.

I've been playing around with IOS and SDM, so I'm fairly comfortable using those tools.

Thanks for your help.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph O'Brien
Loading thread data ...

Joseph,

What are you going to plug the T1 into? Do you have an ISDN card in your router?

I guess all you would need to do is set on each interface a network on each device that is on the same network and you should be away. I could be wrong though I have not ever put a router directly into an other one using Ethernet. If it works in a similar principle as Serial, you should be fine...

James Flockt> I hope this is a very basic question with an easy answer. Our company

Reply to
James Flockton

Well first off I would suggest you learn about the command line interface.

So connect the console cable (usally light blue these days) into the port labelled console and connect to a PC and open a hypterm window

1. capture and post the output of the following commands: show version show diag

1. What is at the other end of the new T1 circuit ?

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.