basic question

Hi I am thinking of obtaining a Vigor2100vg to connect to NTL cable I understand it has a voip / sip port , so a normal phone plugs in, ( so can be online with computer off)

the normal phone only has a number pad, so how does one call a sip address in user snipped-for-privacy@domain.org format?

am I missing a fundamental?

any other comments on the router would be welcome

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

Yes. You call a SIP number by the number if it is on the same network as you, or with the relevant access code if it is on another VoIP network.

For example one of my Sipgate numbers is in the form 314xxxx - from Sipgate you would dial just that. From another VoIP supplier with a link agreement to Sipgate, such as Gradwell, you would dial the relevant access code (***777 in this instance) followed by the SIP number.

From a normal phone line you would dial the full geographic number. This particular number has a Birmingham 0121 prefix so you would dial 0121 314 xxxx.

I don't know it but I'm sure someone will be along shortly..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Draytek Vigor routers are recognised for quality and reliability, but as they are 'office class' kit they aren't cheap. Mine hasn't missed a bit in 2 years. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.