ASA server allows every user in Active Directory to get in!

ASA server allows every user in active directory to get in.

Thats how my boss set it up. ALL 400 USER ID'S CAN GET IN using radius, but only 29 people need to.

He has left the company, and I want to limit access to an AD group.

I have created an AD group called "VPN access" and added the 29 people to the group.

how can I limit VPN access to people that are in the group "VPN access" ?

We are using Cisco ASDM 5.2 for ASA, and I can do GUI only, no command line.

(I have dyslexia and Cliphobia) (fear of command line)

Thanks

Reply to
Richard Herb
Loading thread data ...

You need to find the group setup screen (unsure of its exact location on the GUI), and you should be able to find the Cisco group account that should reference A/D authentication in its setup/configuration. Hopefully it has a drop down with which existing A/D group it is using as its basis, and you should select your new group from the drop down. At least this is how it would be done on a VPN concentrator, so I assume its very similar on the ASA. Let us know how you fare.

Reply to
Trendkill

Set it up for Radius auth. Install IAS on the DC and point it to that group. I don't believe there is a way to limit it by using direct AD auth.

Reply to
Brian V

In the ADSM, Goto the configuration button, select the properties button on the right hand side, it will display AAA setup, select the AAA Server Groups, this will show the server that is running the radius on it by IP. Edit the servers properties, and you then need to change the base DN name that is defining what OU you are allowing access to the the firewall. ie. OU=vpn, OU=users, OU=companyname, dc=domain,dc=local

Currently it is probably pointing to the OU that holds all your user accounts.

HTH,

Chad

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

thanks Chad

Reply to
Richard Herb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.