Active user sessions in a Call Server

Hi folks,

Before I jump into my question, let me confess that I am a beginner in VoIP space and have just started learning VoIP. Ok. Now to my question.

My understanding of VoIP is that, the Call Server will be maintaing the information about the devices like IPPhones, Gateways, etc that are registered with it. Is it possible to get these information using some standard ways.

I have seen hardware vendors like CISCO exposing these information via SNMP. But, what about other software solutions like asterisk, OnDo, etc. I beleive this must be a standard requirement/feature in Call Server, so that the administrator can know the devices in the network and thier status. Any insights in this front.

Are there any protocol specific requests that can be sent to the call server and extract this information.

Kindle a light for me to see through this darkness. Thanks & Regards, Stephen Regan.

Reply to
CyberTeT
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.