ASA 5510 and Interface Redundancy

Questions regarding interface redundancy on a ASA 5510

Background:

We have an ASA5510 in a data center, the DC has provided us 2 outbound drops to two seperate gateway devices (.112 and .113) We are at the moment routing over 113 solely.

The original plan (before I was hired) was to use interface level redundancy and if .113 was non responsive route to .112

My question is how to do you accomplish this?

If the interfaces are redundant then they can share an IP I get that, but how do you 1: remove a static route for 113 and replace it with

112 (or vice versa) should one fail, and 2: instruct the router to push all traffic over one Ethernet port or the other (not both).

With E0 and E1 in redundant config sharing an IP the router falls on its face with just one static route for 0.0.0.0

Any help or guidance would be appreciated

Reply to
turnip
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Brian V

I appreciate the link, i've read the document (prior to posting here). I do not have 2 address spaces available to use in that example.

Reply to
turnip

Only way you can do it. The interface IP's need to be on different subnets. Can the provider do /30 or such for the wan links?

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.