Passwords on ASA 5510

I created a user with privilege 15, and I can access the ASAs via ASDM with it. But I cannot telnet in... my enable password doesn't work, and in ASDM I have to provide the unknown old password in order to set a new one. Is there any way to recover this other than to drive over and access via serial?

Reply to
John Oliver
Loading thread data ...

In ASDM set the AAA auth for serial, telenet and SSH. You will then be able to access the CLI using your username and password. Once you enable the AAA you will use the password associated to your username as the enable password.

Reply to
Brian V

After doing that, I can't telnet at all. Are there any other boxes other than Serial, SSH, and Telnet that need to be checked?

Reply to
John Oliver

Nope, should go right thru. Can you telnet now?

Reply to
Brian V

check access via managemen interface, and enable password level.

FOR EXAMPLE: ; management-access management ; aaa authentication enable console LOCAL # config AAA server ; passwd PASS encrypted ; telnet timeout value

If you want to use a SSH access, you must first generate a SSH key... (check Cisco ASA docs pages on cisco.com).

Reply to
Krzysztof Sobieraj

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.