Adding 4 T1s

I have a T1 from UUNet that terminates in a 3640 serial interface configured for frame relay. I recently ordered 4 more T1s and today received from MCI/Verison a 4 port Tasman router to terminate the new circuits. I presume that the new T1s will be bound together yielding a 6Mbps pipe, which our traffic will saturate at times. What's the best way to utilze the old T1 too?

Reply to
Bob Simon
Loading thread data ...

On 23.02.2006 22:11 Bob Simon wrote

Change the 4port T1 with an 8 port and bond together all 5 lines.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

is that an NM-8T1-IMA that he needs? i have an extra laying here taht i would like to get rid of...asking $2500 for it

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
Dai_Ca

Perhaps you misunderstood me. The 4 ports are on a different router (one that MCI sent me for free) than my 3640. I know that I can add serial ports to my router to get this done. I'm wondering if there is a way to do it without adding an NM-4T, NM-8T or several WICs.

Reply to
Bob Simon

I would think you could have 2 per router and use glbp on the ethernet links.......then use bgp multipath or statics on each router or whatever your're using to connecto your isp.......... This way glbp will load balance across the two routers...........

Reply to
Devecchio Turner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.