Accessing CMS on 2924XL switch

I have a couple of ancient 2924XL switches here running 12.0(5)WC10 and am trying to access the Cluster Management Software from Firefox running under Windows XP. I can get to the web interface to click on the CMS link OK, but then run into the problem that it seems to require an ancient version of Java. I have 1.6 installed and it wants 1.3 or older. If I install an older version in parallel (which I have done for standalone Java apps in the past) it installs OK, but the Java control panel applet doesn't let me specify any other version than the current one for running Java applets in the browser, only for standalone Java apps.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Alun
Loading thread data ...

Use the CLI. While I'm quite sure there is a way to get past the java problem, I don't think I'd bother.

To answer your question, I think in IE there are some check boxes under 'advanced' that allow you to choose what java ver to use, but no clue on Firefox, and even then, I'm not sure any of that would work with such an old version.

Reply to
Trendkill

Yeah definitely use the CLI. The vast majority of the community information and the stuff straight from cisco is all documented as CLI commands.

It's a nice way to concisely represent info.

I have 2 2924XL switches on my desk, and I'll be clustering them soon. I'll definitely be using the CLI.

Charles

Reply to
Charles N Wyble

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.