A simple question

Hello all, I have some simples questions from a beginner in the Cisco world. I have some difficulties to download updates for an ASA5510.

- Where can I find a summary web page with securities issues for my cisco device ( asa 5510 ) ?

- where can I find a page with updates to download ?

- How can I download updates and software, since the device had bee bought to a non certified Cisco vendor. In this case, how can I obtain additional access ?. Thanks for your answers.

Reply to
André Rodi
Loading thread data ...

ome difficulties to download updates for an ASA5510.

device ( asa 5510 ) ?

to a non certified Cisco vendor. In this case, how can I obtain additional = access ?.

You probably cannot obtain access. You can get access to product advisories and bugs through Cisco's website, but downloading software upgrades requires a Cisco account.

This link has links to the Bug Tracker, Software Download, & Software Advisor. If it prompts you for a userID/Password, you are probably out of luck unless you have a CCO account.

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Thanks for this, trendkill.

Reply to
André Rodi

difficulties to download updates for an ASA5510.

device ( asa 5510 ) ?

a non certified Cisco vendor. In this case, how can I obtain additional access ?.

A few weeks ago Doug McIntyre wrote to me:

"Register a CCO account. Purchase Smartnet maintenance for your cisco device. Go to your Profile setting, and Edit your Additional Access to tie your Smartnet contract to your CCO account. Wait for them to review, and then you'll have access."

I purchased my smartnet contract at

formatting link

Reply to
Andre Wisniewski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.