837 ADSL and Multiple Dialers

Hi,

I am configuring a Cisco 837 ADSL router. The scenario is that I want to connect to different ISPs (via the ADSL WAN interface) dependant on the destination network address trying to be reached. I realise (with the service I have) that I cant have two connections up over the ADSL at the same time, but what I was hoping was that I could configure a couple of dialers and setup routing such that the 837 would dial one ISP when it sees traffic destined for a particular network and then drop and dial the second ISP when it sees traffic destined for a different network.

I dont seem to be able to get this work, it all seems to come back to the 837 wanting you to have separate async interfaces for each ISP using different vci/vpi combos (which my service doesnt provide).

Is what I'm trying to do possible with an 837? If so, any hints on how to configure it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Reply to
gpnz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.