How to connect a router to an ADSL router?

This might be a question answered many times in this forum, but I can't find my answer.

I just want to use my Linksys (WRT54G) to connect through an ADSL router (B-Focus 312+).

I have disebled almost all services on the Linksys. Put it to automatic DHCP.

I can see that the ADSL router give off a gateway (10.0.0.138) and an IP (10.0.0.0) for the router. The router runs DHCP against my two clients giving them IP-192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101. But there is no IP-trafic from my client. What setup am I missing?

Reply to
Cris
Loading thread data ...

I couldn't find English information on the B-Focus 312+, only Russian and Hebrew.

However, what you want to do is put it in Bridge mode rather than Router mode.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

The ADSL router or the Linksys??

Reply to
Cris

The ADSL Router, the B-Focus 312+ should be put in Bridge Mode.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Hmmm.. it doesn't have a Bridge Mode, but some connection with Bridge-type and a lot of three letter settings that I don't know.

The strange thing is that I get an IP-adress, Gateway and DNS's from the ISP to the Linksys and the Linksys has my two clients in a DHCP-clients list, but I cannot get IP-traffic from the client.

I have something called Modem Setup with "Select the modulation type." T1413, GDMT, GLITE, MMODE I also have :

------------------ Bridged Connection Setup

Name: Type: PPPoE PPPoA Static DHCP Bridge CLIP

Bridge Settings Encapsulation: LLC VC

PVC Settings VPI: VCI: QoS: UBR CBR VBR PCR: cps SCR: cps MBS: cells CDVT: usecs

------------------ I put UPnP to the Bridge connection.

It doesn't seem to help what ever I do.

I have turned of firewalls everywhere I see it in Linksys, client or ADSL-modem.

Thank you for all help!! I am really greatfull!

Reply to
Cris

Can those clients connect to the Linksys? Is the Linksys doing NAT?

If you are somehow routing the 192.168.x.x IPs through the Linksys without NAT, they would be ignored by your modem/router. The modem/router only accepts or routes LAN IPs on its 10.0.0.0 network (depending upon netmask).

Reply to
David Efflandt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.