802.1x authentication with Microsoft IAS

Hi Guys can anyone send me documentation on how to set this up? I have been reading a few documents. Do i need to have a certifcate authourity in place? I have been using IAS to authenticate my dialup users who connect to a cisco 2511 and that works well. Please help me if you can. Thanks much.

PWM

Reply to
wisdom1999
Loading thread data ...

please be more specific... what kind of users do you want to authenticate? wireless? vpn? etc...

Reply to
John Smith

I want to authenticate LAN users. Users who connect to my cisco switches. I have a problem of contractors comming into my organization and plugging into a free port and getting network access. I want to stop that.

PWM

Reply to
wisdom1999

For 802.1x with IAS/AD the options are pretty limited.

You can only use PEAP or EAP-TLS

Hence, you will need a server certificate (peap and tls) and client certificate (tls only).

If you have a CA then it saves you the hassle of getting the certificates from a third party.

Reply to
Vivek

Thanks much for your reply. I will now have to figure out how to set up the CA. Do have any links that you can send me on how to configure this setup? Thanks again for your assistance.

PWM

Reply to
wisdom1999

Sorry no documents handy for IAS. We use ACS.

Reply to
Vivek

Thanks none the less.

PWM

Reply to
wisdom1999

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.