525 E

I have a building that we would like to put behind a firewall. Basically here is out it is laid out. A 6509 is the main switch of the building with multi vlans. We are going to take a port out of the 6509 run into 3750-12 then into a pix 525e then back into a 3750-12 then back into the 6509. We are just wanting to protect this building from any outside attacks.

1) I would like to know how i can use static ip's from that buildings ip range intstead of private on the inside interface or could i just let everything pass through. I would like to continue usiing the vlans that we have already in place for that buidling. DO NOT want to use private addressing if possible. Also like to elminiate nating on the firewall and allow dhcp server to continue to give out addressing and pass that through the firewall. Or could we just allow all vlans to pass through. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply to
alsgto
Loading thread data ...

Will that be a PIX 515E, or a PIX 525? There is no PIX 525E.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Reply to
alsgto

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.