2610 with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU module

Is there any way to verify that all 24 of my T1 DS0s are "active" when using the Fractional T1 CSU/DSU module on a 26xx ? The "show controllers" command doesn appear to provide this information, and "show interface" says "BW 1544 Kbit" but I'm wondering if that is just cosmetic.

Also, If I do have a full T1 from my provider, do I need to specify this with the "service-module t1 timeslots 1-24" command or is no config neccessary ?

Reply to
tmcgov05
Loading thread data ...

Not sure. No, if you have a full T1, no service-module command is req'd.

John

Reply to
John

There's no programatic way to test this with the cisco. If you configure all 24 timeslots, and bring up your data circuit and have layer-3 come up, then you have all 24 timeslots. Ie. data transmission uses all channels configured, and if you don't have them, you won't get data transmission through end-to-end. Of course, you could configure 12 timeslots on each side even if you have 24 and still work fine.

Thats the default on the WIC-1DSU-T1 (or -V2) card (which I'm assuming you have instead of some of the other T1 cards). So, you don't need to specify it, because thats already configured.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.