1900 question

Hi I have a small question regarding a cisco 1900, I want to play around with vlans trunks, and LACP but cant see the commands e.g. I cannot do switchport mode trunk, could someone tell me what I need to do?

(config-if)#? Interface configuration commands: cdp Cdp interface subcommands description Interface specific description duplex Configure duplex operation exit Exit from interface configuration mode help Description of the interactive help system no Negate a command or set its defaults port Perform switch port configuration shutdown Shutdown the selected interface spantree Spanning tree subsystem vlan-membership VLAN membership configuration (config-if)#

Cisco Catalyst 1900/2820 Enterprise Edition Software Version V8.01.02 Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc. 1993-1998 uptime is 0day(s) 00hour(s) 42minute(s) 12second(s) cisco Catalyst 1900 (486sxl) processor with 2048K/1024K bytes of memory Hardware board revision is 5 Upgrade Status: No upgrade currently in progress. Config File Status: No configuration upload/download is in progress

27 Fixed Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s) Base Ethernet Address: 00-D0-C0-6C-86-80
Reply to
cconnell_1
Loading thread data ...

Gee, I'll turn into the resident 1900 expert.. Don't know why there's been a couple posts about this ancient platform lately.

The CLI isn't IOS. It sort of reminds me of IOS v9, but its definately not like any IOS based switch made after this one.

interface fastethernet 0/26 trunk on

Hopefully you'll have other Cisco devices supporting ISL, because you sure aren't going to get 802.1q support out of this box. Also, you can only trunk out of the fastethernet ports on this box. The plain

10Mbps ethernet ports don't trunk. You already have the enterprise load, so you can do some trunking and you get the weak command line..

LACP? Out of a box that has been EOL'd for how many years? You get pre-standard Cisco etherchannel, but it won't be LACP.

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.