11503 Config Question

I have inherited a 11503 Content Switch and I am trying to understand its configuration

In its present configuration

internet

Reply to
Douglas Hahn
Loading thread data ...

Yes, this is the default behavior but you can configure it to NAT to vlan1, but the exact command escapes me right now...is it "server group"? or ....crap I forget. I will try to find the answer quickly, but I am about to head out of town for the weekend. Post the question on my site,

formatting link
and I will try to get you an answer by Monday at the latest.

Regards, Steve

formatting link

internet---vlan1----C.S.----vlan2-----Servers

The C.S. is setup into two VLANS both vlans have public ip ranges and subnets.

When a browser is opened on one of the servers traffic travels out the content switch on vlan1 to the internet. A response is sent back to the ip address of the originating server. Which it can not find since it is behind the content switch.

Server with ip address xxx.xxx.50.5 sends request internet. The request goes out on VLAN1. The internet sends request back and is looking for xxx.xxx.50.5 but can not find it.

My questions are this. Is this normal? How do I get the Content switch to route this traffic? Do I need to give VLAN2 a path to the internet also?

-Doug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have inherited a 11503 Content Switch and I am trying to understand its configuration

internet---vlan1----C.S.----vlan2-----Servers

The C.S. is setup into two VLANS both vlans have public ip ranges and subnets.

When a browser is opened on one of the servers traffic travels out the content switch on vlan1 to the internet. A response is sent back to the ip address of the originating server. Which it can not find since it is behind the content switch.

Server with ip address xxx.xxx.50.5 sends request internet. The request goes out on VLAN1. The internet sends request back and is looking for xxx.xxx.50.5 but can not find it.

My questions are this. Is this normal? How do I get the Content switch to route this traffic? Do I need to give VLAN2 a path to the internet also?

-Doug

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

I think I found it, source groups, check this out:

formatting link
Let me know if that doesn't work for you. Post to my site though because I check that much more often.

Regards, Steve

formatting link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

If this is not solved, can I see your config. I have dual 11501s for redundancy and I might be able to help.

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.