Setup 2502 routers

Hello guys,

I need some help how to connect 3 x 2502 routers. Have 3 DCE/DTE cables, but don't know where to and how to connect them together. Have also few spare machines and token ring nic and 1 terminal.

What I would like to accomplish is to connect those 3 routers together for simulations for my ccna. Any idea or advice how to connect them?? How to use them?? Whish port is going DTE and to which one is going DCE cable end?? Do you guys have some good how to??? about connecting those routers together??

Also, have one of sybex ccna books, which I would like to use it for my ccna.

Any idea and advice is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Dino K

Reply to
dino k
Loading thread data ...

The DCE/DTE cables connect the serial interfaces and in the lab simulate a WAN.

Cisco router serial interfaces have the ability to be either DTE or DCE - that's what you pay for I guess.

You conect them as you like - just ensure that when you configure the DCE serial interfaces you remember to set a clock rate.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

if they are propriotery cisco cables it should say on the db60 plug if it is a DCE or a DTE lead you will need 2 leads that connect together

1 x DCE and 1 x DTE when you have done that just configure the clockrate on the serial interface the DCE cable is connected to!

Hope this helps!

Craig

Reply to
Gristy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.