SEmester 2 question?

Hello, can anyone tell me when setting up a password for vty or line console,does it matter whether you type password first and then login or vice versa, I am doing course online and in one instance it takes the former and then another instance it takes the latter. I have used virtual terminal and it doesnt make any diffrence, does it in the "real world" ? many thanks,

Reply to
greg johnstone
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure, but i thought that you the sequence of these commands doesn't matter. The password command sets the password for the specific line, the login command is to make sure that anyone have to input the login command when accessing the line.

When you enter the password command, there is a message that you have to enter the login command before the password takes present. I think it doesn't matter, and if it does matter, then the password command must be entered first.

"greg johnstone" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
CCNA Nerd

Thanks for that.

Reply to
greg johnstone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.