EIGRP route summarization

What would you find in an EIGRP routing table if route summarization is configured on the routers Serial0 interface, and it summarizes routes learned from its Ethernet0 interface?

A. A summary route pointing to the Serial0 interface.

B. A summary route pointing to the Ethernet0 interface.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed
Loading thread data ...

So you are not sure. Cause I thought A should be the answer

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

Here is another answer choice. Sorry for inconvenience

C. A summary route pointing to the Null0 interface.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

A is the answer. It summarizes on the interface that it is advertising, not learning. It will learn the routes on E0 and summarize those routes out S0, with the route being back to interface S0.

Reply to
Scooby

hey scooby, i was also thinking that serial should be the correct answer but wasnt sure. thanks.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

no worries

advertising,

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

Correct Answer is C (A summary route pointing to the Null0 interface) Thanks to Owen Roth

"In EIGRP, the router doing the summarization will build a route to null0 (line 18) for the summarized address. Let's check Shannon's routing table:

Shannon#sh ip route 172.20.0.0 .... 172.20.0.0/16 is subnetted, 6 subnets C 172.20.100.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet0 C 172.20.101.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet1 D 172.20.0.0/16 is a summary, 00:12:11, Null0 C 172.20.102.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet2"

formatting link
Cheers, Owen

summarization

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

B i think

Reply to
Craig Barns

sorry about that

Reply to
Craig Barns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.