Configure route removal based on packet loss

Hi, I'm trying to configure the removal of an EIGRP route based on packet loss. From what I've read it seems as though I can configure this using SLAs, however I can't figure out how to do it.

Here's the setup, I have a router with 2 incoming links, one wireless and one is a T1: The router also has a static block of IPs on its FastE interface:

Serial0 (T1)--- x.x.x.x

Ethernet0 (Wireless)-- y.y.y.y

FastEthernet0 -- z.z.z.z 255.255.255.248

I need to remove the route through the wireless when the packet loss increases above a certain threshold. The both routes to z.z.z.z will be advertised through EIGRP.

Thanks.

Reply to
jlamanna
Loading thread data ...

Not sure if this will do what you want or not, but policy based routing does offer some ability to add/remove routed based on reachability. You'd have to see if you can actually define 'reachability', since I think the default is to drop the route if you lose reachability at any given time (rather than some % of packet loss). I'm not up to speed on the SLA stuff, so please post if you find a working solution.

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.