CCNP recommendation study guide please?

HI-have just passed my CCNA and wanted to know a good study guide to get for CCNP--checked Todd Lammle CCNP at Amazon but people were saying its out of date?? TIA

Reply to
daytime
Loading thread data ...

Yes, Todd Lammle is out of date.

The guy goes so deep into analogies that I think he forgets to describe the point of the topic, and it is described very lightly. Wendel Odom writes some of the most in depth books I have seen on the subject and I recommend his works.

Since you are moving away from the CCNA and going to the CCNP, drop Todd Lammle and pick up Wendel Odom.

Reply to
Wendel Odom rules!

thanks -can you give me a title of his book pls?

Reply to
daytime

My recommendation:

1)CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide Fourth Edition Master all 642-901 exam topics with the official study guide Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes Review key concepts with foundation summaries Practice with hundreds of exam questions on the CD-ROM Brent D. Stewart Clare Gough, CCIE=AE No. 2893

2)Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) Fourth Edition Foundation learning for CCNP 642-812 BCMSN Richard Froom, CCIE=AE No. 5102 Balaji Sivasubramanian Erum Frahim, CCIE No. 7549

3)"CCNP ISCW Official Exam Certification Guide, 3rd edition" Brian Morgan, Neil Lovering, Cisco Press | ISBN 158720150X | July 18, 2007 | 696 Pages | CHM | 15.2 MB review my link...

4)CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide is a best of breed Cisco=AE exam study guide that focuses specifically on the objectives for the Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks exam (642-845 ONT). Successfully passing the ONT 642-845 exam certifies that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to optimize and apply effective QoS techniques for converged networks. Amir Ranjbar, CCIE=AE No. 8669

Regards Ernesto

Reply to
erni

I recommend caution regarding Amir Ranjbar's book on the ONT. It is a little light in content.

The ONT exam has only been available in 2007 and this exam guide was released in May of this year. I am not aware of any other books for the ONT exam at this time so this book is braving the frontier of being a single book to pass a single exam.

Amir Ranjbar's previous book was a Cisco press exam guide for the CIT (Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting) exam, the toughest of the former CCNP test series. While other exam guides from Cisco press usually are often 400 -

500 pages in length, Amir wrapped up the all-encompassing troubleshooting test in about 300 pages. His recent book, the ONT exam guide, is also about 300 pages.
Reply to
Scott Perry

e in message

thanks chaps

Reply to
daytime

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.