Venting...

I been giving this company breaks on computer support for the past 4 weeks on the assumption I'll get the phone system install....

I gave them a rock bottom price of $3695.00 for a Partner system with 9 phone sets, 4 new drops, programming, setup, and training. It also includes

3 Cat 5e drops with 2 access points..

God, Im making practically nothing on the system...and now someone else has gotten their 2 cents into it and says thats too much...

LOL Im so pissed right now I can scream!

Reply to
Joe Perkowski
Loading thread data ...

Joe Perkowski wrote in part:

Let 'em build it! You're not losing much other than marketing cost. And that's already gone.

-- Robert

Reply to
Robert Redelmeier

Let's see, I missed the Partner Mail system that you didn't mention, but if it doesn't have one, it's heavy. Two hundred bucks a phone, and a 6 processor and 5 slot cardfile would give you a 6x16 system with CID. Another $200 for a pair of WAP's and all you have to do is put it in for free :-)

Who says it's too much, the customer or a competitior? Are the drops Plenum? Is it with voice mail? Are you going to do WAP's with PoE?

Where's the REST OF THE STORY LOL

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I have to work around contractors, so I see what they have to go thru. It seems to me that you're a victim of your own devices. With some experience, the contractor seems to know what's a reasonable deal for him and customer. Giving the customer a 'really good' deal, something the contractor would only give a close friend, is only an invitation to frustration. And this seems especially true after Katrina caused materials prices to soar, and now that the costs of gasoline, and hence transportation, is skyrocketing. Better to walk away from those, and find a new prospect.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

We're opening up a new bldg with studios, editing rooms, and other high tech stuff, with some rooms with fiber to the desktop. The P.O. for the networking stuff, mostly Cisco, was well over a half million.

^^$^^

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.