Understanding Type-66 Blocks

I don't think they are that hard, but I work more with data using 110 blocks rather then 66, and am looking for someone to explain how they work. I've looked on the web and seen a few sites but not a good enough understanding.

Here is what I think...

More are split, with 4 clips across and various ranges down.

Incoming lines terminate down the far left column. Extensions to jacks go on the far right column. The inner left column is used for cross connection, as well as inner right?

Anyone have a good site that explains this. It even gets more hard to understand when I see 4 or 5 blocks with a bunch of cross connect wire looping around between them.

Thanks,

-Matt

Reply to
Matt
Loading thread data ...

In most KSU/PBX system applications I use 66 blocks. It provides a disconnect method without removing the jumpers and, later down the road, a half-tap device for when you change out or move the system.

If your cable count is low, or space is not a problem, 66 blocks are less expensive than 110, but if you're terminating Cat-5e cable, it's easier to use 110 blocks. Likewise, if the house cable count is greater than 48 cables, it's probably going to be easier to do it on

110 blocks.

Pretty much, the normal 66 block is the m1-50 which is split into 2 rows. The house cable or the PBX/KSU cables go on the outer pins and the cross connects go on the inner pins. When I use them for KSU/PBX applications, the system cable goes on one outer row and the cross connects go on the other outer row with bridge clips (single pin, 1 pair or 2 pair multi-bridge clips) in between.

Try

formatting link
for a picture of a wired 66 block.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.