Please provide detail instruction for home Voice & Data lines setup

Hi,

I am planning to use "Leviton Cat 5e 6-Port Voice & Data Module 47603- C5" to setup my home Voice/Data lines (wall jack with phone and data lines connected to router).

I am using cable for internet connection and VOIP for phone connection from a thrid company. I'd assume the connection for the phone part is something like this:

1. Router -> VOIP box
  2. VOIP box -> 47603-C5
  3. Lines from all wall jacks (phone) -> 47603-C5

I have no idea about Router/47603-C5/data jacks connections, plus I'm not sure is 47603-C5 the right module for this job. Any advices/ suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Willy Jair

Reply to
wjair
Loading thread data ...

This module is a basic punch-down patch-panel block. You punch the wires leading out to your jacks down on the 110 style IDC strips. You patch the jack into whatever device.

For your data lines, you'd likely take a patch cable from each jack into your ethernet switch.

For your voice lines, if you want to do home-runs out to each extension, you'd likely take the patches over to each of your VOIP box's FXS ports. If you don't want seperate extensions for each voice run, you'd probably want one of the bridged telephone expansion modules instead.

This page has some wiring diagrams that may help you.

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thank you for the instruction, the wiring diagrams also very helpful. The Linksys VOIP box input is from router (Cat5, RJ45), and single line output (RJ11) go to regular telephone. Please advise how to connect regular RJ11 to 47603-C5 (RJ45)?

Reply to
wjair

You didn't read the link or post very closely. The answer is there in the post "bridged telephone expansion modules" and in the link in the form of a 47609-EMP.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.