Need RG6qs?

I am finishing my basement and just finished the wiring when I learned that there is more than one kind of RG6 (the stuff I bought at Home Depot is the garden variety type, not quad shield).

I have a 30 ft. run of rg6 that runs alongside one standard phone wire and one cat5 line; at one point it crosses near a 12/2 120 v romex ac line in a stud (perpendicular, not parallel). I brought the rg6 as close to the front of the stud as possible to keep it away from that ac line.

Do I need to rewire with quad shield rg6 to avoid interference? Or should standard rg6 do the job??? Right now, I'm just using analog cableTV, but one day will probably want HDTV.

Thanks for any advice you might have,

Danno

Reply to
danno
Loading thread data ...

If your 12 inches away from power you will be fine.

Reply to
t568aort568b

Actuallly, it's only 2 inches away, but the lines are not parallel. AC is line going horizontally thru the stud; rg6 is coming down the side of the stud vertically (ceiling to floor).

Will this create a problem?

Reply to
danno

You should be fine.

CIAO!

Ed

danno wrote:

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

"danno" wrote in news:1107543396.167167.289320 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

No, Dual Shielded (standard stuff) is MORE than adequate.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

"danno" wrote in news:1107558940.064468.261700 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Nope, it should be fine. In reality, power doesn't create that much interference.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

GREAT! Thanks everyone.

Danno

Lucas Tam wrote:

news:1107558940.064468.261700

Reply to
danno

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.