Cabling and Networking Websites?

Reading the signature lines in some of the recent postings, I found the following links from two of the contributors to be quite helpful in providing free information about networking and cabling:

formatting link
formatting link
My question is whether there are any other such sites that are worth knowing about? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

Reply to
johnr999
Loading thread data ...

While not specific to just wiring,

formatting link
is a great forum with a lot of good info. The cabling forum (
formatting link
) is probably where you'd want to start.

I believe there are a number of people who post here are regulars there as well.

JT

johnr999 wrote:

Reply to
Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much. I will definitely check it out and appreciate any other sites that you may think of.

Best Regards,

John

Reply to
johnr999

Two well-known distributors are Graybar and Anixter, which have websites. You can search for parts and supplies. There are a number of mfgrs that have websites, some with reference material. But you'll probably use them mainly for looking up and ordering parts and supplies. A few that I can think of offhand are AMP, Leviton, Nordx-CDT, Systimax Solutions (was Avaya, Lucent and AT&T), Belden, and many, many more. For patch cords and similar, Gruber Industries comes to mind. Remember that Google is your friend.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.