206E schematic

Hello, is there anyone who can tell me where I can possibly obtain a schematic for the Avaya Partner 206E card? I found the bad part in the power supply but the value of it cannot be recognized. Even a component reference would help, and thank you all and any in advance for any information I can get, it is appreciated.

John

-------------------------------------

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 2099 messages and counting!

Reply to
Herk
Loading thread data ...

I am 100% sure the schematic is not available outside Avaya and the repair houses. I do, however, have couple of old 206Es. Let me know what you're looking for, I'll open the shell and look it up for you.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Thank you very much for your help. The parts I am looking for the value of are on the top section of PC board, the power supply section at the very top left part of it. They are light blue on my particular board, but regardless of color they are part number R306 and R314. If you can tell me the values of them it would help me tremendously. Thanks again.

------------------------------------- Dmitri(Cabl> Herk wrote:

formatting link

comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 2109 messages and counting!

Reply to
Herk

Well, I was not able to identify the parts by exactly following your instructions. All 206 boards I have are 206EC boards, R4.1. The power supply PCB version is PC-A-P92-94V-0 You must have a different version of the PCB as mine has resistors marked from R100 to approx R120, not even close to R300s

In any event, I do have two light blue colored power resistors next to the rectifier bridge (built on discrete diodes) and huge electrolytic capacitor (120uFx250V) in the spot to the left from the primary transformer (if you hold your power connector up)

The values are as follows : the big one (R101 on my board) is 3 KOhm. I think it's a 5W or even 10W resistor. The smaller (R100) is 150 KOhm. I think it's 3W - rated.

I also have a bunch of black colored resistors all over the power supply PCB without ANY mark on them. Can only probe them in the PCB, which is greatly unreliable way of figuring out the R value. Hope you are not looking for a value of one of those ;-)

Let me know if that's it on not. Hope it helps you somewhat.

Good luck!

Reply to

The ones I am looking for are on mine (holding the power PCB up with components facing you) are to the left of main transformer. Directly to the left of main transformer is the big heat sink, and directly to the left of that are the two diodes with the two blue resistors above them. They are powder blue and appear to be the same size, but values not discernable. If your R4.1 has those two, that would be it, if not, yours may be a whole different setup. Thank you very much for going through all this too, I appreciate it.

------------------------------------- Dmitri(Cabl> Well, I was not able to identify the parts by exactly following your > instructions.

formatting link

comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 2116 messages and counting!

Reply to
Herk

It obviously appears that you have a different version of the PCB, but your layout makes me believe we are talking about the same resistors.

One other thing I wanted to mention though: my (limited) experience with fixing switching power supplies has been that if you have resistors as powerful as that fried, your actual problem is very likely NOT the resistors! It is most likely the transistor that drives the circuit the resistors are in. And, on top of that, power resistors like that may LOOK fried, but they may not actually be fried (it's only the paint that got damaged), but the semiconductors like the transistors may LOOK OK, but be actually FRIED.

Good luck!

Reply to

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.