cabling labels

Hi I'm looking for a good (and long lasting) way to label 4 wire flat telephone cables (I don't know the technical name of the cable). I tried using p-touch labels, but they came off. I also tried using MityMark ZT wire marking system, but they also peeled off pretty quickly. Can any one recommend a solution that will hold?

TIA Paolo

Reply to
vrkid0
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in part:

Silver satin.

Clear shrink wrap over toner-printed paper. Easiest to put on before the RJ is crimped on.

-- Robert

Reply to
Robert Redelmeier

Agreed, except I use P-touch labels, with heatshrink. they tend to stay put, while paper tends to wander.

Also check out Brady labels..

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

Panduit makes all sorts of mylar stick-on labels for this purpose. I've used the laser printer sheets and made up sequences batches of numbers and pealed themm off as needed. The're perfect. The major problem is that the last time I looked the smallest package they sold was almost 100 bucks.

formatting link
They send me a sample of a page each of several types sent to my company address.

Reply to
Al Dykes

Brady as well as others have a self-laminating label that is Laser Printable (The LAT series and the clear portion protectes the printed portion. Very easy to put install and come in various sizes (width and length). Problem is that the minimum quantity of 1000 label package which was mentioned by another replyer. If you have a sequence and know what you need in advance, I can provide this at a minimal cost over the blank labels (my minimum is by a full sheet). If you need this service please email at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com and we can pick up on the details off the forum. I also can proiduce labels for your patch panels, blocks, outlets, etc. All professionally done (Laser-jet or Thermal xfer printing). I can use you database or provide services as needed at hourly rate. All typical jobs get a 48 hour turn around but 24-hour is possible. I have 1000s of labels in stock (including some in color backgrounds for EIA/TIA requirements). I can also produce cusome labels for any special needs you have. Your other option is to use special hand-held printers for the onesy-twosy need, again Brady as well as others can help you with these product and also have the self-laminating label stock.

J Golan, RCDD

-------------------------------------

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

-- ##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.cabling -

2492 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Reply to
Jgolan

It looks like the original poster is having a problem that is specific to flat cables - the curvature around the edges is so small that pretty much any label will de-laminate or peel off (depending on which glue will let go first). These cable labels are designed for round cables. I think some sort of a clip-on PVC ID tag that electricians use would work. I don't know of one for a flat cable like this though, plus it's bulky. Another way to handle that would be to use a flag-type printed label (that lays perpendicular to the cable), but that can also look awful, especially after you get a lot of the in the same bundle.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

If worse came to worse, you could paint two bright red or yellow rings around the flat silver satin cable an inch apart and use a Sharpie to label them between the paint rings.

Paint markers found in an auto supply store have worked for me. Its a metal tube with a "push to dispense" tip. It drys in a less than ten minutes.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.