Strange slowdown

If that is the ONLY problem, then go get yourself an appliance timer for about 5 bucks from wal-mart. Set the timer to turn OFF for about an hour every morning around 2 or 3 AM. Plug your modem into it. If that doesn't do the trick, plug your router into it instead. I suspect it is actually the modem though. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.
Loading thread data ...

I am using a Dlink DCM-202 modem and a DL-624 router with Cox cable service. About every couple of days my connection drops from its normal

3500 to about 600. Unplugging the modem and router and plugging them in again resolves the problem. Anybody have an idea of how to prevent the slowdown in the first place?

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Well, at least you figured it out. I'm trying to remember where I saw a good deal lately . . .

Hmmmm, buy.com had a Belkin wireless for about 30 bucks, sold out of course.

Check Amazon for D-Link DI-524. 30 bucks after rebate, free shipping. Wireless "G", also. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

That does seem to indicate where the problem lies... Grin.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

I believe Linksys 54g wireless router with 4 port switch is only $50 after rebates at BestBuy.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

Actually it was the router - it died a couple of hours ago - it won't power on at all.

Reply to
Colin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.