Problems w/Comcast -UPDATE

OK, a technician came to my house this morning. He said that due to the upgrades they have been doing to the network (here in Atlanta ), my old Toshiba PCX1100 modem does not work well w/the upgrade and that he has seen the same problem all over the place. He tested my signal and it was perfect. He recommended that I get a new modem - Motorola Surfboard SB4100 and that would fix the problem.

Before I go run out an by one, has anyone gone through these same issues and had the problem resolved w/the new modem? It would be nice of customer no*service notified you that their upgrade was going to make you modem useless. I don't lease it from them.

Thanks

Reply to
Leor Amikam
Loading thread data ...

OK, I installed the new Moto SB5100 and life is good again - 3.Mbps!

Reply to
Leor Amikam

That SB5100 is an excellent modem. Many of the older modems can't handle the upgraded speeds. It is an issue all over the country, not just in the Atlanta area.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Leor Amikam wrote:

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Still running the original Motorola Surfboard SB3100D that Comcast provided when they installed my service years ago. My service just upgraded to 4mbps and modem still works like a champ. If I were in the market to buy a modem, I'd get the Moto SB5100 - they make a helluva product.

Reply to
Riffrafter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.