modem spectrum

Does anyone in this newsgroup know the carrier (center) frequencies used by the up and down link of most cable modems?

Reply to
Horace Hagen
Loading thread data ...

That would depend on what channels they are configured to work on. For example, mine is currently 615 MHz down and 32.496 up. They can be configured by the head end, to work on any channel the cable company chooses.

Reply to
James Knott

You should be able to find out which channels your isp are using by going into the cable modem diagnostics web page at http://192.168.100.1 on most cable modems or use the docsis diag program found by searching for "docsis diag" on google..

Reply to
Dwayne Kelly

Thank you, Dwayne. That is exactly what I was looking for. It turns out my downstream carrier is located at 555 mHz and my upstream carrier is located at 21.6 mHz. I recently found out that my FM/VHF/UHF splitter was not cable modem compatible. Apparently the splitter must be designed to pass up to

1100 MHz.. My modem's performance improved significantly since I replaced the splitter with the proper type.
Reply to
Horace Hagen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.