Linksys BEFCMU10v3 cable modem version

Can someone who has this modem (BEFCMU10v3) go to their modem's configuration page (192.168.100.1) and tell me what it says for "Hardware Version"?

Mine says v1.0 even though the sticker on the bottom of the case says v3. It also says DOCSIS 1.1 even though it is supposed to be 2.0 compliant.

I am wondering if I actually have an older modem than I thought I had bought.

Thanks.

Gregg

Reply to
Gregg
Loading thread data ...

Posting with Linksys BEFCMU10, V3:

" Standard Specification Compliant DOCSIS 1.1 Hardware Version v1.0 Software Version 1.1.2.0.3 Cable Modem MAC Address 00:0c:41:e1:81:45 Cable Modem Serial Number KBG4203728 CM certificate Installed "

Looks like you got the right one. Are you having problems with it? I love mine. Works great. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

So maybe the "V3" is an indication of the software version? -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Thanks, that's a relief. I just established a cable internet account, but I am having some trouble getting it to work.

The modem is syncing up properly, and in fact it is communicating with the ISP because my computer obtains a non-192 IP address, default gateway, and dns server. However, the DNS and DHCP servers do not respond to ping requests. The default gateway assigned is the only thing I can ping.

Is this the symptom of an unprovisioned modem?

Thanks.

Gregg

Reply to
Gregg

Yes.

Reply to
Warren

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.