Dlink-524 Intermittent Wireless

I've got a Dlink-524 router, connected to a Comcast modem. I somethimes connect my Dell laptop wirelessly to the router, and sometimes I connect it with an ethernet cable to a LAN port. I always have a desktop connected to one of the router's LAN ports. Wireless and LAN connections have been working fine for almost a year.

This relates to laptop. In the last few weeks, I've been able to maintain the laptop's wireless connection, and the wired connection, to the router, as shown by the icons in the system tray, but when I try to get on the internet, my IE 6 browser opens, but I get nowhere. I first tried powercycling the modem, the laptop and the router (in the proper order). This worked, but only for a minute or so, as I'd loose my internet rather quickly, both over the wired and the wireless connections, even though those connections showed working in the system tray.

While all this is happening, the desktop's wired connection is fine, and I can get on the internet.

I'm beginning to wonder if the router is crapping out, but I don't know why I'd the desktop wired connection is fine and gets me on the internet, and the laptop's wired and wireless connection show fine, but I can't get on the internet.

Anyone know why I can't connect to the internet even though the system tray icons show that I'm connected to either/both the wired and wireless connection?

Thanks.

Reply to
Boris
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.