Comcast Speed Upgrades.....Yet?

Anyone seeing the speed upgrades on Comcast yet? Many major markets are supposed to see them on the 26th, today!

Reply to
Jbob
Loading thread data ...

Why, thinking about jumping from Cox to Comcast. We have a

2,000,000,000 byte download limit for Usenet access at about 50KB sec xfer rate.

Just restarted my cable modem here in Dallas Texas. Symbol Rate 3.200 Msym/s :(

Reply to
Bit Twister

I'm on Comcast now!. Pay no attention to my return address. I used to be Cox.

I was just upgraded to 256 QAM but am not seeing a speed increase yet.

Reply to
Jbob

symbol rate is something different. it wont say the caps in most motorola modems. I think the linksys modems and possibly dlink say.

Reply to
Danska

Ok after rebooting my cable modem I'm seeing a slight increase in speeds. Down doesn't seem much yet (2950, but it's been close to this for a while now) but uploads are definately at 384(or above 256 anyway) now.

Reply to
Jbob

Restarted my cable modem. Symbol Rate did not change 3.200 Msym/s Speed did improve.

formatting link
picked Speakeasy for the test

2005-01-26 17:04:11 EST: 3748 / 351 Your download speed : 3838059 bps, or 3748 kbps. A 468.5 KB/sec transfer rate. Your upload speed : 359692 bps, or 351 kbps.
Reply to
Bit Twister

Baltimore, Annapolis and the Eastern Shore of Maryland were upgraded late last week.

Spector...

Reply to
Spector

In Baltimore, the higher speed has been here a few days. Had to reboot my modem first.

Alan

Reply to
nobody

I'm in the Boston area. Just rebooted my modem and getting 3.47mb/s from the Firefox Bandwith tester and 4064/339 from nyc.speakeasy.net.

Reply to
ftran999

I did not see my locality on the list Danska posted, but after powercycling my modem, my speed went from 3017/236 to 4043 / 354 with the I am NOT in a major market by a long shot! WOOHOO! thanks for the heads up!!

dj

Reply to
Dr. Cajones

powercycling

[insert here]
formatting link
I am NOT in a major market by a long shot!
Reply to
Dr. Cajones

Huh. I'm in Columbia. Rebooted modem. Now getting about 1800/300. Never got less than about 2400 on the DL side before. I wonder what's up? Maybe local internet traffic.

Marc

Reply to
MAG

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.