"always on"

Hi all,

Is it possible to convert an "always on" cable modem to manual. I did this when I had dsl by accessing the ip address of the dsl modem. However, with the cable modem, I can't do this. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
carlito
Loading thread data ...

Some Motorola modems have a button on top to pretty much disconnect the modem from your LAN. That's about as manual as it gets.

By the way, what problem are you trying to solve?

Reply to
Bill M.

Hi all, Is it possible to convert an "always on" internet cable modem to manual? I did this when I had dsl but now that I have cable broadband, I'm not allow to do it. Thanks

Reply to
carlito

snipped-for-privacy@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com:

Or just unplug (or turn off, if it has a switch) the router or cable modem (which is what the poster is talking about).

A periodic power cycle seems to be good for the soul of some of these interface boxes anyway :-)

Reply to
Bert Hyman

You can just unplug the ethernet cable from the DSL router when you're not using it.

Reply to
Todd H.

You just asked this same exact question yesterday and I answered it yesterday. What gives?

Reply to
Bill M.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Bill M.) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He uses Google instead of a real news provider.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Good point, thanks.

Reply to
Bill M.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.