Panasonic BLC-30/BLC-131 versus BLC-1/BLC-20

All the above are IP network cameras for home monitoring. The BLC-30 and the later BLC-131 feature remote pan/tilt while the BLC-131 also features sound and MPEG-4 streaming. However...

I have found that the cheaper BLC-1 (wired) and the BLC-20 (wired and wireless) provide much better pictures for far less money. No remote pan/tilt - but superior images every time. In fact I would go so far as to say that the cheapest BLC-1 offers the best bang for the buck. These units are great for keeping an eye on pets and babies etc. And who wants wireless devices near babies? Not I. If you don't want to run loads of Ethernet cables, the Netgear Powerline units are fine alternatives (Ethernet over domestic mains wiring - and it works great too).

formatting link
For example - where I live you can almost buy three BLC-1s for the cost of a single BLC-131.

You can see all the network cams here:

formatting link
But I don't work for Panasonic or Netgear. I'm just an end-user who has all the stuff discussed herein.

I hope this is helpful.

Helen

Reply to
helen3492
Loading thread data ...

Oh yeah, right, like the "don't live under powerlines" junk science. Yeesh, what nonsense.

If you're near any neighbors, have a cordless phone or in cell phone coverage you're already getting wireless RF.

I'm looking to get something but would prefer to have the pan/tilt/zoom option. Interesting you noticed picture quality difference between them.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.