wireless set up for small motel

I operate a small 30 room motel and looking to get rooms set up for wireless net. We have a basic router for office and lobby wireless but its time we expand to room. So i am looking to see what i would need to buy to have net in all the rooms. Motel is set up in a l shape with 11 connecting to form one part , 8 forming 2nd part which dont connect to first part and 9 rooms located underneath the first part but not as 2nd floor they located behind but down 1 lvl due to a hill so you go around back and there would be 9 more rooms that are pretty much under the 11 rooms. Rooms are seperated by drywall and outside is brick. wireless reaches the first room with a low signal. And i am looking for self install and easy on cost so dont need best of the best

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
tolkien
Loading thread data ...

Does all the power come from one place (one meter)?

if so consider powerline networking (in this case ethernet bridging over powerline), and in other areas you want wireless (and/or wired), the second half of the powerline bridge units going into a wap/router can be done quickly, easily, economically, and by yourself....

Links From another post/pasted in here... Heck, why do two posts when one will do... here the link for the netgear powerline stuff (under $140 for an ethernet bridge)

formatting link
and the wap routers are from walmart Linksys wrt54g (for $49.17)
formatting link
Fraid you are on your own for power strips, but you can usually find them for $2-$3 each.....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.