detached garage about 110' away

I have set up an office in a detached garage about 110' away from the computer and its DSL connection. There is a phone line running between the computer that is located in the house, and the detached garage. Could someone be kind enough to explain to me how I could set up my computer in the detached garage to have an DSL connection?

Thank you very much in advance.

Reply to
ricksindexing
Loading thread data ...

I have a product that will allow you to use that telephone line to obtain a wired connection between the two locations.

If you're looking just for a wireless link, you could also use a Signal Seeker

formatting link
which can go extremely long distances without effort.

Please give me a call to discuss:

Chris

866-678-WIFI NetSteady
Reply to
NetSteady

Two thoughts off the top of my head, got AC power to the garage from the house? Looked into powerline networking? (netgear has off the shelf plug in units,

formatting link
under $100 at staples/best buy), is the phone wire 2 or 4 conductor? If 4 (typical for phone cable, voice only uses 2 wires anyway), look into the 2 wire 2 base T networking (using the extra wires in the phone cable) (a bit of errors will occur with phone wire, but most cable and dsl is way way way slower than base t or powerline anyway, and the max speed will be the slowest component - ie will never go faster than your connection anyway).

Why do I say cable OR dsl? There are many many speeds in both (IE DSL is

784k,1 Mb, 2Mb, etc) cable internet is usually 5-7 Mb, Even FIOS is only about 20 Mb, all way slower than the above options
Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.