8 dead Intermatic Timers

I bought 8 model DT121 timers for our indoor christmas trees and displays last year. One of them I continued to use past christmas and it stopped working a few months ago. I figured it was dead batteries, even though the time was still working and it did not say LO on the display. It would only stay on and would not turn off at all, even though the display cycled through ON and OFF. All other 7 timers were stored in the attic in a zip loc, with all the batteries removed and stored in another zip loc bag along side them. I plugged them in a week ago and they all worked, even though one said LO on the display, it still functioned properly. I went out of town for a couple days and found that all 7 remaining timers were dead. None of them turn on or off. I bought new batteries at Radio Shack, even though the time display was still functioning, thinking it was just time for new batteries. Guess what, they still don't work. I also tried the reset button just above the battery compartment, but no difference. These are not exactly the cheapest timers out there. Is there a fix? or are they complete trash now? I dont have the packages or I would just exchange them at Lowes where I boutht them since you would figure that a timer should work for more than 10 months, 8 of which were in storage, unused.

any solution? Thanks, Ron

Reply to
bob
Loading thread data ...

Try calling Intermatic?

They are a good company from my expirence, I don't use their timers but like the Zwave products they produce and will be carrying them soon.

Reply to
Brian

I have also found Intermatic to be good with service. However, the reason I can say this is they don't seem to be as good with manufaturing.

I have another timer, the type that replaces a light switch, model SS7, which has failed and been replaced several times. I have a thread about it now in alt.home.repair:

formatting link
Turns out I'm not the only one with this issue. Intermatic has a good rep, but I don't know, maybe they're losing it? It wouldn't be the first time this has happened with a good, reliable company.

In the end, for the timers you have, I'd call or email Intermatic (helpful in both media). For future purchases, search for others' experiences before you buy.

Reply to
houseonhawthorne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.