Active Home Pro on Windows 8 anyone?

I've been using the Active Home Pro software to control X10 devices with a CM15A controller since Windows XP, then on Windows 7, and even though that software has not been updated, I am wonderig if I could also use it now with Windows 8. Has anybody tried it on Win 8? Otherwise I might have to keep my old PC around because I could not contol my X10 devices without this software.

Reply to
cameo
Loading thread data ...

I can't seem to get it to work properly in Windows 8. I have been able to finally install the ActiveHome software, but it will not take any of my plu gins. Keeps giving me the error about "count not communicate with network server error 1". So I tried installing the software onto my Windows XP lap top, guess what? Same thing! I don't know what the problem is but I wish someone would help!

Reply to
j.andrew.lockard

The installer is trying to communicate with the domain x10.com. If you try to access the website x10.com, it now redirects to

formatting link
Your hosts file needs to be edited to redirect the installer. Check out the link below for more info.

formatting link

Reply to
friesen.dp

I am struggling AHP and Windoze 8.1, was working okay on WXP. The software installs and runs fine but I cannot turn lights on or dim them from the PC . I can turn lights off though. Very weird. Also, the CM15A appears to h ave the same issues after I downloaded the timers and macros to it. The ti mers don't turn lights on anymore, but do turn them off.

Reply to
mhkjohnson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.