Speed caps and CO distances

I just ordered the cheap DSL lite that Verizon started offering,

768/128. In the past they had offered a 3.0 MBPS download service, and I had been told by their website that if I got that I would likely be limited to about 768/128 because of my distance from the CO. My question is, will my speed with the 768/128 service be further limited, or is the capping done after the DSL signal is decoded? If my line would be able to handle 768/128 on a service capped at 3.0 MBPS download (not sure about upload) will I likely get 768/128 or substantially less with the cheap service?

Thanks.

Reply to
Daveman750
Loading thread data ...

If you were too far from the CO to get faster service, you would have been capped at 768/128 (or 768/384) even though you were paying the same price as people who were capped at 3.0. There should be no download difference between the two priced services at you distance from the CO. BTW, when you get connected to Verizon DSL you will have access to the 0.verizon.xxxx hierarchy of newsgroups where you can peer-to-peer answers to your questions from some very knowledgeable Verizon users.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

I don't find the 0.verizon.xxxx newsgroups of much help (not much traffic, either). Besides, I'd rather see a group NOT sponsored by the CO! Try the forum at broadbandreports:

formatting link

Reply to
Bev Ross

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.